Are you interested in working with the National Identification Management Commission (NIMC). Then this is your bus stop. Read to learn about how to engage into the federal civil service commission.
What is NIMC
The NIMC is Commission that is assigned by the government to register persons. It is also assigned unique National Identification Numbers (NIN) to Nigerians. In addition to that, after completion of the form, people are issued with a General Multipurpose Card (GMPC). This is only when your registration is successful and are also a Nigerian citizens. And as well as others legally residing in the Nigeria
Furthermore, NIMC stands for the National Identity Management Commission. It is Federal is an Agency of the federal government of Nigeria. NIMC has the mandate to establish, own, operate, maintain and manage the National Identity Database in Nigeria.
Nigerian Defence Academy(NDA) Roles Admission
In addition to that, the commission’s mandate extends to assisting in the development of an identity centres in Nigeria. These centers are mandated with the issuing of National Identity Smart Card to every registered person from 16 years and above. It also provide safe means to access the National Identity Database so that an individual can irrefutably assert his/her identity as a Nigerian anywhere in the world among other functions.
Career Overview at NIMC
A career with the National Identity Management Commission could be both tasking and interesting as given pressure on the commission to enroll millions of Nigerians to the National Identity Database, though it may reduce overtime. NIMC deploys its personnel into various departments to enforce the policies below:Regulations on the mandatory use of the National Identification Number (NIN). Regulations on access to registered information in the National Identity Database. Regulations on registration of persons and contents of National Identity Database (NID). Harmonization and integration policy.
Regulations on the mandatory use of the National Identification Number (NIN). Regulations on access to registered information in the National Identity Database. Regulations on registration of persons and contents of National Identity Database (NID). Harmonization and integration policy.
Presently, working condition in NIMC is not that impressive as workers are agitating for better working condition that even almost resulted in a strike action. But things could soon change as authorities have learned ear to their plights.
Nigerian Immigration Service Ranks Training Allowances and Recruitment
In order to successfully carry out its functions, NIMC is structured into the following departments:Research/ISRM DGM.Budget Department. Strategy and Programme Office.Inspectorate and Enforcement Depart.Quality Assurance Department. Procurement Department.Corporate Audit Department.Corporate Communications and SERVICOM department. Security Department
1 Budget Department.
2 .Research/ISRM DGM.
3.Strategy and Programme Office.
4. Inspectorate and Enforcement Depart.Quality Assurance Department.
5. Procurement Department.Corporate Audit Department.
6. Corporate Communications and SERVICOM department.
7. Security Department
Latest updates on Peace Corps of Nigeria Bills
Other units of the commission’s operations include:Business Development and Commercial Services Unit. Card Management Services Unit. Corporate services Unit. Enterprise Services and Network Infrastructure Unit. Finance and Investment Management Services Unit. Human Capital Management Unit. IT/Identity Database Management Unit. tlLegal Services UnitOperations Management Services
1. Business Development and Commercial Services Unit.
Card Management Services Unit. Corporate services Unit. Enterprise Services and Network Infrastructure Unit. Finance and Investment Management Services Unit. Human Capital Management Unit. IT/Identity Database Management Unit. tlLegal Services UnitOperations Management Services
Governing Body of the National Identity Management Commission
Due to the sensitive nature of the National Identity Management Commission job, a Governing Board is being set up by the Federal Government. This is in order to help in supervising its activities. Below are the officers and organisations that constitute NIMC Governing Board. These includes-
1. A part-time Chairman.
2. Director General/Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
3. Must have a representative of the Independent National Electoral Committee (INEC).
4. It must also include a representative of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS)
5. A representative of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC).A representative of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
6. In addition to that, a representative of the National Pension Commission (NPC).
7. It must also have a representative of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF).
8. Furthermore, a representative of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
9. Representatives of all relevant Law Enforcement Agencies and other government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs)
Nigerian Immigration Service Ranks Training Allowances and Recruitment
Ranks in NIMCChairman who is a political appointee
1. Chairman of the commission is appointed by the government. So it is a political appointment.
2. Director General (DG). Who earns the post through the Federal Civil Cadre.
3. General Manager (GM)
4. Deputy General Manager (DGM)/Head of Department (HOD)Assistant
5.General Manager (AGM)
6. Director Deputy
7. Director Assistant
The above are ranks for the management team of the National Identity Management Commission as available on the website of the commission. Administrative and other ranks are not available but will certainly be in line with other government agencies.
NIMC Salary Structure
The specific salary scale of NIMC staff is for NIMC is the same with that of any federal government only their allowances varies. Grade level 01 is 30,000 but a graduate with grade level 08 can receive from 80,000 above without allowances.
Nonetheless, from my extensive research in other federal government agencies, NIMC salary structure will be similar or close to what other MDA’s in the country earn which is approximately the same with the above figure.
NIMC Recruitment Process
The recruitment process for NIMC is online. Although presently the comission is not recruiting. But if recruitment process commences, candidates are to register online via www.nimc.gov.ng with valid email and phone number. You can always check Newspapers and website to be current on the latest updates.
NIMC Recruitment Requirements
If you are a prospective candidates seeking to apply for NIMC jobs, you must have the following requirements in order to qualify. See details below.
1. Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc.), Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent. The graduates of Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE), and Ordinary National Diploma (OND) from recognized institutions are also eligible to apply.
2. West African School Certificate (WASC)/National Examinations Council/NECO with four (4) credits passes including English and Mathematics at one (1) sitting;
3. General Certificate of Education (GCE) O’Level with four (4) credits passes at one (1) sitting or five (5) credits passes at 2 sittings including English and Mathematics.
4. To be the National Identification Number (NIN) commission, you must be of good character
5. The candidates must be free of any criminal case and mustnot have been convicted of any crime
How to Apply for NIMC Jobs
Recruitment into the NIMC is in 3 Categories. These are as follows.
1. Consultancy where NICS engaged reputable organization to partner with theme and recruit the firm’s to assist in fostering NIMC regulations. The reasons is because NIMC provides for the engagement of suitably qualified individuals, firms or consortia of firms to render consultancy services in various areas related to its main objectives NIMC provides for the engagement of suitably qualified individuals, firms or consortia of firms to render consultancy services in various areas related to its main objectives.
Graduate categories application is as follows
1. Log in to the website
2. Scroll to the website categories, you will see careers click on it.
3. If the commission is recruiting, it will clearly stated to you. It will also provide you with a form to fill in your details while you await your results for interview.
3. NYSC and IT students are also engaged to fulfil their educational requirements
NIMC social media handles