The NSCDC is a paramilitary institution in Nigeria that was established in May 1967 by the Nigerian Government. It was with the act of the National Assembly that brought it to existence. Furthermore, the act was amended in 2007, to enhance the statutory duties of the Corp. More details below.
NSCDC is presently being headed by its Commander General Ahmad Abubakar Audi. He took over the mantle of leadership from Abdullahi Gana now retired.
Duties of The Nigerian Security Civil Defence Corps
1. To protect pipelines from vandalisation.
2. In addition to that, the Corps is empowered to institute legal proceedings by or in then and of the Attorney General. This is in accordance with the provisions of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. That is against any person or persons suspected to have committed an offence.
3. Furthermore, maintain an armed squad in order to bear fire arms among others to strengthen the corps in the discharge of its statutory duties.
4. It is also assigned with the statutory duty of carrying out educational and enlightenment campaigns in and around all the 36 States of the federation.
5. Last but not the least, it sensitize members of the civil populace on enemy attacks and how to save themselves from danger as most Nigerians.
6. Finally, The primary function of the NSCDC is to protect lives and properties in conjunction with the Nigerian Police.
Is Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps Recruiting
Presently, NSCDC is not recruiting. The last time it recruited was in June 2021. The recruitment exercise was a carryover of 201/2020 exercise halted by the Covid-19 pandemic. However, after the effect of the pandemic had reduced, the recruitment was carried out.
After a thorough screening of applications, the NSCDC came out with the following certified candidates.
1. 1,474,149 – Applied for the job
2. 670,000 – Invited to upload
3. 200,000 – Responded to uploading
4. 53,116 – Wrote CBT
5. 6,500 – Shortlisted for final 6. screening out of which
7. 5,000 will be employed
The final Shortlisting took place on 25th of August 2021.
Requirements and Eligibility For Recruitment Into NSCDC
1. Academic Qualifications
2. Indigeneship Certificate
3. Birth Certificate
4. Professional Certificates
5. Other Documents
6. Any foreign language
7. Chest Measurement
Nigerians That Will Not Be Eligible For NSCDC Recruitment
Every organization has their own recruitment process and ad requirements. The NSCDC has its own system of recruitment. See list belo
1. K Legs and flat foot
2. Gross Malfunction of Teeth
6. Hearing Impairments
7. Speech Impediments
8. Body tattoos
9. Eyesight Defects
10. Drug Addicts
NSCDC Ranks and Hierarchy
1. Assistant Cadre- Level 3 to 5 (The lowest ranking officer in the NSCDC)
2. Inspectorate Cadre- Level 6 to 12.1. Assistant Cadre- Level 3 to 5 (The lowest ranking officer in the NSCDC)
3. Assistant Cadre- Level 3 to 5 (The lowest ranking officer in the NSCDC)A4. Assistant Superintendent Cadre II(ASC) Level 8.
5. Assistant Superintendent Cadre I (ASC)Level 9.Deputy Superintendent Cadre (DSC) Level 10
6. Deputy Superintendent Cadre (DSC) Level 10
Checkout Official Website of NSCDC
The official website for NSCDC is the website below.
What are your views about the NSCDC as a security paramilitary outfit. Do you think they are executing their duties effectively?Do you have the ambition of joining the NSCDC Corps and state your reasons?Share your views by commenting below. Don’t forget to like and share the article to increase our reach.