Atiku’s political progression from 1990 to date. The politician is amongst the forefront politicians in Nigeria. Atiku had been in Nigerian politics over the past the past 30 years. He has seen the evolution of Nigerian politics from military to civilian administration. Atiku Abubakar was the vice president of Nigeria from 1999-2007. He is now PDP flag bearer for 2023 election.
Who is Atiku Abubakar
Former vice president of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar is from Adamawa State in Nigeria. Furthermore, he was born on the 25th of November 1946, at Jada Adamawa State. Mr Atiku is also 75 years old. Atiku Abubakar is married to four wives.In addition to that, Atiku also has 28 children. Although he had married a lot more. But presently he has only 4 Wives. Interestingly, Atiku had married from the 3 most powerful tribes of Nigeria. He had married a Hausa Fulani, an Igbo woman and also from the Yoruba tribe.
In addition to that, Atiku is a seasoned business man who had established his business establishment for more than fourty years.
Atiku Abubakar Many Businesses and Companies
1. Atiku is the owner of Intel Nigerian Limited. The company gives intergreted logistics services to the Oil and Gas industries. Intel Nigerian Limited is in charge of cargo services port management and support services in shore bases. The company also manages client operations In addition to that, it also provides including pipe racks, stacking areas, warehousing, enclosed areas, jetties, offices, water tanks, fuel storage, generators, compressors, and various other services and facilities.
2. Mr Abubakar is also the owner of Prodeco Nigerian company. The company Prodeco, operates in Nigeria with two companies. Firstly thr Prodeco (Property Development Company) operating within the main territory of Nigeria. Furthermore, we also have Prodeco International. It is operating in Oil & Gas Free Zones.
The first Prodeco company was also incorporated in March 1996 as a property development company. But as time goes on, PRODECO has indulge inti building, marine, and infrastructural construction for various clients in the oil and gas industry.
3. ABTI American Schools . It is also referred to as an American University of Nigeria (AUN). It situated in the city of Yola, capital of Adamawa, one of Nigeria’s 36 states. The campus, which occupies nearly 1000 hectares. The serene is a mixture of desert and farmland. In addition to that, Adamawa, one of the six states in northeast Nigeria, shares the longest borderline with Cameroon Republic.
4. Faro Water. The table water company has headquarters in Adamawa State. But also has branches all over Nigeria. The aim of establishing the company was in order to provide Nigerians with healthy portable water.
4. Atiku Abubakar also has a farm in Adamawa state. In 1981. Infact, Atiku Abubakar joined the agricultural sector. He went down to acquire 2,500 hectares of land near Yola. This was in order to start a maize and cotton farm. The business fell on hard times and was also closed in 1986.
According to Atiku Abubakar lamenting on his failed business, he mentioned that “My first foray into agriculture. In the 1980s, Atiku established a farm but it ended in failure. However, thenow expanded and flourished.
Progression of Atiku Abubakar From 1990 to date
Politics can described to be activities associated with the governance of a country or area. It is also viewed as the debate between parties having power. Atiku Abubakar recently secured the PDP to run for president come 2023. Let us look at his political history from 1990- date.
1 . In the year 1993 Atiku, contested against MKO Abiola and Babagana Kingibe under SDP and failed in the primaries.
2 In 1999, Obasanjo then picked Atiku Abubakar as his running mate. They won and Atiku became Obasanjo’s Vice President.
In 2006, Atiku declared his interest to contest for the office of the president but he fell out with Obasanjo because, as he said he was well aware of the Atiku’s machinations against him.
3. 2006 was not exceptional, Atiku Abubakar also declared his interest to contest for the office of the president but he fell out with Obasanjo because, as he said he was well aware of the Atiku’s machinations against him.
4. Furthermore, In 2006 he decamped from PDP to AC and became their presidential flag bearer. But he lost to Yaradua.
6. In addition to that, In 2010, he came back to PDP again when Yar’Adua died and contested the Primaries against GEJ but lost.
More Political Trajectory of Atiku Abubakar
7. In 2014, he dumped PDP for APC and contested presidential primaries against PMB but lost. He came a distant third after Kwankwaso.
8. And on the 24/11/2017, Atiku left APC for PDP, emphasising that PDP would be his last bus stop.
9. He slugged out with president Buhari in 2019 and lost. He slugged out with president Buhari in 2019 and lost.
10. Atiku Abubakar recently secured the PDP ticket to run for president come 2022.
What are your views about Atiku Abubakar?Do yo think he will win the election come 2022?Share your views about Atiku Abubakar political progression from 1990 to 20. Be part of our conversation today by commenting below. Don’t forget to also like and share the article to increase our views.
Atiku Abubakar Political Diary
Pictures: Atiku Abubakar Social Media Handles